What are cookies?
- Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are installed on a computer or mobile device when an individual visits a website.
- Windows Explorer, which is one of the main internet browsers, will usually store these files in a folder called ‘cookies’ in ‘documents and permissions’ on computers running Microsoft Windows.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
By using and browsing the Key4ce websites, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
What types of cookies are we using?
Broadly, we use 2 types of cookie:
- Session cookies – these expire when you close your browser and do not remain on your computer.
- Persistent cookies – these are stored long term on your computer for a defined period of time.
What cookies do Key4ce websites use?
WHMCSUID/WHMCSPWThese 2 cookies are used for the remember me functionality of the client area. They only get set should a client choose to have their details remembered so they don’t have to re-login every time they visit your website. They are persistent and last for 365 days, or until logout.
|This is used to store the unique session ID for each visitor and enables variables to be remembered and passed between page loads. The cookie only contains a reference to a session stored on the web server, personal information is not stored in the user’s browser. This is a session only cookie so expires as soon as the browser is closed.|
|WHMCSAffiliateID||This cookie is set when a customer is referred to you via an affiliate. It stores the ID of the affiliate that made the referral so that if an order is placed within the next 90 days following the referral, the affiliate can be credited for it. It is a persistent cookie.|
|WHMCSLinkID||It remembers the link the visitor followed to first get to your website and is used when an order is placed to be able to associate the conversion with a link to be able to provide stats such as the conversion rate of your links. It is a persistent cookie.|